Questions and answers about Microblading and how to achieve beautifully custom shaped brows.
What is microblading?
Microblading, also sometimes called “feather touch” or “micro-stroking” is a technique using a super-fine pen (a bundle of 12 to 15 needles) that deposits semi-permanent colour into the skin (versus permanent, ie. traditional tattoos). Microblading gives a very natural look that creates fine hair strokes to look like your real brows. Here is a before and after of brows done by our professional aesthetician Rebecca. You can see more of her work on her instagram page @beccabeauty87.
How much does Microblading cost?
A microblading package at Mahogany Salon and Spa is $460. This includes 3 separate appointments:
- 1. Consultation – 15 minutes
- 2. Initial application – 2 hours
- 3. Touch up/fill application within 6-8 weeks – 1 hour
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading can last anywhere from 12 – 24 months depending on your lifestyle. A touch up is recommended after 12 months (please call for pricing, not included in package price).
How do I extend the life of my microbladed brows?
- Avoid getting the area wet for up to 10 days, which includes keeping your face dry during a shower.
- Don’t wear makeup for at least a week.
- Don’t pick, tug or itch the eyebrow area.
- Try to stay out of direct sunlight as it can fade the pigment.
- Try to avoid exfoliants, saunas, swimming and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed and you have a follow-up appointment.