A message from the Mahogany Salon and Spa team:
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Everyone has been through a great deal over the last few months and all our team at Mahogany is looking forward to taking care of you again beginning Saturday June the 13th at 8:00am. Please note that our Guest Service team is experiencing an above average requests for appointments during this challenging time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we are working hard to get to you. We kindly ask you to add your name to our wait list by clicking here instead of calling and emailing at this time. When we reach you to book your appointment we will ask you a few questions related to COVID-19.
As always, we remain committed to your safety while providing excellent services.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority. We are carefully preparing our team to be well versed on all of the new procedures with a view to reducing any risk of spreading COVID-19.
For your peace of mind and preparation, the process below is to provide a safe salon and spa experience including (but not limited to), the following:
Preparing for your appointment
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please wait in your car and we will call or text you when we are ready to receive you.
- Bring only your keys, phone and method of payment with you. We are not able to accommodate large purses and bags. Weather permitting; please leave your coat in the car.
- ONLY scheduled appointments will be allowed entry into Mahogany. We are not able to accommodate friends and family joining you.
- All guests will be asked to bring a mask. If you do not have one, we will provide one at a fee of $1.00 added to your bill upon cash out.
- Outside food and / or drink will not be permitted.
- You agree to follow all posted rules to keep yourself, other guests and the staff at Mahogany safe.
Upon your arrival
- Our entrance Monitor will ask you a few screening questions and will have protocols for you to follow when you enter. You will be asked the following:
- Have you been diagnosed with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you shown any symptoms of COVID-19? Or have you come in close contact with anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks?
- Do you have a cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath or lost of taste or smell?
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands and put on gloves, which will be provided.
- Note* anyone showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will politely be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- There will be no physical contact (hand shaking or hugging), with the exception of our usual services being offered.
- In an effort to reduce your contact with surfaces, temporarily we will not be providing our guests with access to lockers or bath robes. Guests will be provided privacy to change in the service rooms.
- We will temporarily suspend our beverage and food services.
- The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- We will ask that you continue to practice physical distancing measures in common areas at all times.
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19 in the next 2 weeks you must contacts us immediately.
During your appointment
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set by Public Health.
- Our team has all the needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- As always, all rooms will be completely cleaned and sanitized between guests.
- During your service, reusable masks, disposable gloves and face shields when needed, will be worn by our staff at all times.
- Disposable or freshly laundered capes will be used for each guest in the salon.
- For your salon service the finishing will be limited to a partial blowdry in order to allow for proper sanitizations between guests.
- When purchasing retail or boutique products, please ask for assistance rather than collecting the items yourself.
- For additional protection we have installed plexi-glass panels at our front desks.
- For gratuity purposes, we prefer you to provide an exact amount of cash since money exchanges will be limited.
- After every transaction, (credit and debit preferred) the checkout desk, and payment keypad will be sanitized
- As per the Ontario Public Health Guidelines we are temporarily unable to provide the following services:
All facial waxing, facials, peels, microdermabrasion, microblading, eyelash extensions, lashlift & tints, eyebrow tints, make-up services, bath or shower services with the exception of body treatment.
All of these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you and our team. We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to Mahogany will be safe. We have missed you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Catherine & Krystin Wood and all of your friends at Mahogany Salon and Spa.