Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Mahogany Salon and Spa is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that all staff members are trained and familiar with various assistance devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for that person, unless the support person has also requested a salon or spa service from Mahogany Salon and Spa. No additional fees apply.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for people with disabilities (i.e. interrupted power supply, client elevator or wheelchair ramp), Mahogany Salon and Spa will notify clients promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at the front reception desk and will also be verbally communicated with the client and/or support person.
Training for Staff
Mahogany Salon and Spa will provide detailed training to all employees during their Departmental Orientation (within the first few days of employment) and additional review will be included in the Corporate Orientation (within the first month of employment).
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Mahogany Salon and Spa’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the on-site elevator, wheelchair access ramp
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Mahogany Salon and Spa’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Clients and/or support persons who wish to provide feedback on the way Mahogany Salon and Spa provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide their comments in a variety of ways:
- Speak with a Customer Service Representatives at the time of their visit
- Fill out a Customer Feedback Card
- Call or email our Managers of Customer Service
(a) Carleton Place: Gail at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Stittsville: Sharon at email@example.com
Clients can expect to hear back within 3 working days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Mahogany Salon and Spa that does not respect and promote dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be adjusted to do so.