Planning Your Big Day
Pre-Wedding Planning 6+ Months to Go
Let the planning begin! Contact a Bridal Coordinator at the Mahogany Salon and Spa Ottawa area location of your choice and speak to us about how we might meet your pre-wedding service requirements. At this time we will ask you the following questions:
- When is your wedding date?
- How many guests are in your wedding party? We will also require names and phone numbers for service confirmation purposes.
- What services will you be looking to have?
- Will you be requiring any catering?
Your Bridal Coordinator will then create a Bridal Itinerary for you to review. To secure your bookings a credit card is required within 72 hours of the initial itinerary confirmation, along with a $250 deposit that will be fully refunded the day the services are provided. Please ensure that all cancellations for wedding bookings are completed 30 days prior to the appointment date. In the event of cancellation after this time your deposit may not be refunded.
2 Months to Go
Book your bridal hair and make up trial appointments. Start collecting pictures of hairstyles and make up you like. These appointments are available to any member of your bridal party. Visit our Pinterest page for inspiration.
4 Weeks to Go
Come in for your bridal trials. Hair and make up trials are important when it comes to ensuring you look the way you’ve always dreamed you would on your wedding day. They can alleviate stress and allow our stylists and aestheticians to perfect your look. It is our goal to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your trial and final look for your big day. We suggest that you book your trial for hair and make up approximately 4 weeks in advance of your wedding.
Tips to getting the most out of your trial appointments:
- Bring along pictures of what you would like your hair and make up to look like.
- Bring a picture of your wedding dress so your stylists are better able to select an appropriate palate for your make up.
- Provide your stylists as much detail as possible about your wedding day. Everything from time of day and décor theme (are you going Garden Party? Retro Chic? Glitz & Glam?), to whether or not you’re wearing veil or having a costume change. It all helps us create a polished look you’ll love.
- Consider scheduling your trials for the same day as your bridal shower or bachelorette to get the most out of how gorgeous you’ll look!
- Take pictures of the final look to bring back on your big day!
- The key to a perfect wedding day is to ensure there are as few surprises as possible. Remember, you want to leave your trials feeling confident, beautiful and, most importantly, YOU. Book an appointment to “touch up” your everyday hairstyle. Revive your highlights and/or trim your ends. We don’t recommend a total look overhaul at this time, but 4 weeks in advance of your wedding is the perfect time to freshen up for a flawless, healthy final look.
2 Weeks to Go
Restore your natural glow and radiance with a facial. It goes without saying that you’re going to need to be “ready for your close up” on your wedding day. Your Mahogany skin specialist will provide you with a deep pore cleansing facial to remove any impurities that might be clogging your pores and keeping your skin from looking radiant. If you have never had a facial before, we suggest that you book your appointment 4-6 weeks pre-wedding and have a complimentary consultation in advance during which an aesthetician will design a customized program to help you achieve the best results.
Benefits of a pre-wedding facial:
- Removes build up and reveals your naturally radiant skin.
- Prepares your skin for wedding day make up with a flawless finish.
- Provides relaxation from the stress of wedding planning.
Click here to see a list of facial treatments we offer here at Mahogany Salon and Spa.
1 Week to Go
Alleviate pre-wedding tension with a therapeutic massage. In our Carleton Place location we can accommodate couples in our private treatment room. Treat your groom to a little TLC, because in one short week it’s going to be all about you! Receive any waxing or sugaring treatments you might need during this week. We recommend wax or sugar treatments take place at least two days before the wedding.
2-5 Days to Go
Splurge on a Pumpkin Facial Treatment. This treatment is, in a nutshell, pure magic. By simultaneously exfoliating and driving nutrients and vitamins deep into the skin, it brightens and rejuvenates the skin leaving you with smooth texture and immediately healthy glowing skin.
1-2 Days to Go
Time for manis and pedis! At Mahogany Salon and Spa we want you to be polished and relaxed from head to toe on your big day, but we also want you to have fun! Book your bridal party for manicures and pedicures and alleviate some stress while sipping champagne and bonding with the ones you love. Both of our Ottawa area locations can comfortably accommodate groups. For best results we recommend receiving manicures and pedicures no more than 2 days prior. Additionally, we highly recommend opting for Shellac manicures for those in the bridal party. Shellac Nail Polish is a revolutionary new product that offers you mirror finish nails for 14 days with no chipping, no dry time and no nail damage. It’ll even last through the honeymoon!
The Big Day
Congratulations!! After months of preparation your day to shine has arrived. You can feel confident that our team will take exceptional care of you. When you arrive today, here are a few tips to remember:
- Your hair should be clean, dry and product free.
- Your skin should be clean, exfoliated and makeup free 24 hours before your services.
- Bring pictures from your trial day.
- Bring your veil, headpiece and/or any flowers or accessories we’ll be incorporating into your look today.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.